If you Google “juicing” you will get hundreds of different sites to visit about how beneficial juicing raw fruits and vegetables can be. Some are realistic in that they promote juicing as an excellent way to get healthy vitamins and minerals into your diet but others tout that juicing will cure diseases and “fix” whatever ails you. You should take the outrageous claims with a grain of salt (or the whole shaker depending on the claim) but juicing is very healthy and beneficial for many people that are not very healthy. Here are some of the therapeutic effects:
- Raw fruit and vegetables are extremely rich in vitamins, minerals, trace elements, enzymes, and natural sugars that can aid in regulating body functions.
- Juices from raw fruits and vegetables require no digestion and almost all of their vital nutrients are assimilated directly.
- The fruits and vegetables are very rich in alkaline elements which are highly beneficial in normalizing the acid/alkaline balance in blood and tissues.
- Juicing provides a generous amount of organic minerals like calcium, potassium, silicon, etc. which can prevent premature aging of cells and disease.
Here are some combinations for juicing arranged by the ailment they are meant to benefit:
- Allergies-Apricot, grapes, beet, spinach and carrots
- Acne-Pear, plum, grapes, tomato, cucumber
- Anemia-Prune, red grape, beet, celery, strawberry, carrot and spinach
- Arthritis-Pineapple, sour apple, sour cherry, lemon, grapefruit, cucumber, beet, spinach, grapefruit
- Asthma–Apricot, lemon, peach, carrot, radish and celery
- Bronchitis-Onion, carrot, peach, tomato, pineapple, lemon
- Bladder ailments-Apple, watercress, parsley, celery, lemon, cucumber, carrot
- Colds-Spinach, celery, carrot, onion, grapefruit, pineapple
- Diarrhea-Papaya, lemon, pineapple, carrot and celery
- Eczema-Cucumber, beet, red grapes, spinach
- Gout-Red sour cherries, tomato, cucumber, spinach, carrot, celery
- Halitosis-Apple, tomato, grapefruit, celery, carrot, spinach
- Headache-Grapes, lemon, carrot, lettuce, spinach
- High blood pressure-Grapes, orange, carrot, beet
- Insomnia-Apple, grapes, lemon, carrot, celery
- Influenza-Apricot, onion, carrot, orange, pineapple, grapefruit
- Kidney ailments–Apple, orange, lemon, cucumber, celery, parsley, beet
- Liver ailments–Papaya, grapes, carrot, tomato, beet and cucumber
- Obesity–Lemon, orange, cherry, pineapple, papaya, tomato, beet, cabbage, lettuce, spinach, carrot
- Psoriasis–Grapes, carrots, beet, cucumber
Please be sure to check with your healthcare provider to make certain you should try juicing to improve any ailments you suffer from and that the ingredients don’t present a problem with any condition or medication. And as always…fresh is best and making your own juice is what’s healthy. HAPPY JUICING!